Sunday, July 14, 2019

A Magical Morning

Have you ever woken up on a beautiful morning and just needed an adventure?  Today was like that.  I'd have liked to have to have grown a pair of wings and soared to somewhere far away but alas, that was not to be.  I really hope and pray I grow up to be an eagle someday but right as of this moment, the odds don't seem to be in my favor.

After bearing witness to a pink and purple streaked sunrise, Mom and I got our walking attire on and headed out the door.  We headed to a lake that runs through our town, named after Sacajawea, a Lemhi Shoshone woman who helped to guide and interpret for Lewis & Clark.  She traveled with their expedition thousands of miles, from North Dakota to the Pacific Ocean.  I love the ocean and can only imagine what they must have thought the first time they saw it.

That's Sacajawea on the left.  I accidently peed on her foot.
Bad, bad pup!
   Our lake is called a sparkling jewel and even though I've seen it my entire life, in rain, snow and sunshine, I have never-ever seen it as beautiful as it was this morning.  The lavender smelled heavenly, the fountains sparkled and everyone we passed had a smile on their faces too.  I got to stop and visit with three other pups and one pups mom even had treats in her pocket that she shared with me!  Our lake has tons of big trees to leave p-mail messages on,  so of course I had to add a message or two of my own.  It's so nice that there are places to sit and enjoy the view, or cast a fishing pole.  You can sail your kayak, play on either of the two playgrounds or bring a picnic to enjoy.  There are a couple of islands to that you can visit although one, the Japanese Garden,  doesn't allow pups.  I keep hoping Mom will sneak me in because I'm just dying to see what's behind those magical doors but so far, no luck in getting smuggled in.  Maybe someday...

One of the fun parts of walking the lake is keeping my eyes ears and nose alert for other creatures and critters.  They are everywhere!  We almost always spot a couple of turtles sitting on logs sunning themselves and squirrels are so much fun to watch.  Most of the Lakes inhabitants are friendly but then there's the gang of geese, that's a whole different story!  Mom says the correct term is a gaggle of geese but I swear they are a gang and I'm sticking to my story.  These guys are tough and loud.  They scream at you and delight in chasing whatever crosses their path.  I do my darndest to stay clear of them.

Not this path please!

Gang Members

Lake Sacajawea was developed in 1924 and I'm already looking forward to its 100th birthday.  I hope there will be an amazing birthday celebration and I hope its dog friendly.  If you are ever in our town, I hope you will stop by and spend a little time enjoying it.  If you are already familiar with this little gem then I encourage you to visit often because I swear, it's different every time I come.







1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love reading about your adventures with Stella! Our lake is truely beautiful.