Sunday, May 9, 2021

The Secret Leaked...

 So, maybe you've heard of rei... reinc... reincarnation before?  Dang, that's a hard word to remember and I'll bet it's a hard one to say too.  Anyhoo, there may those who now believe that I, Stella Claypool, may just be the reincarnation of a famous soccer player.  A VERY famous soccer player.  I may have even competed in the Olympics once upon a time.  There's a story that leads us down that road of to speculation of course but then isn't there always a story?



My mom used to hope and wish for a dog that enjoyed paying fetch.  The dogs of her past just never were much interested... although they were wonderful individuals that made their mother proud.  She once had a cat that adored playing fetch with scrunched up pieces of typing paper and she says that was fun but just not quite the same as playing with a pooch.  

And then came me...


To say that I am addicted to balls would be putting it mildly.  They truly drive me crazy with their ability to fly, roll, bounce and occasionally get lost.  I nearly eat & breathe balls, balls of any size, I just can't get enough of them.  I can play fetch as long as anyone can keep throwing it.  If you are visiting you can be assured, I'll bring you a ball and give you the most pleading of looks until you finally succumb to my magic and toss the darn thing.  So far I'm maintaining a no-loss win.  Everyone, and I mean everyone, eventually tosses the ball.  Needless to say, my mom adores this gift of mine and makes sure I get to run long and hard on a regularl basis. I adore it too but I knew there was more, more that I just couldn't quite put my paw on until...


Recently I began attending a new doggy day care in town.  Its called Whistle,  in like whistle while you work.  It's the coolest place with the coolest kids ever.  They all welcomed me right into the pack and I've made all kinds of new friends.  I actually enjoy going there instead of feeling like I'm being forced against my will.  There's all kinds of fun things to experience there, from arts and crafts to musical appreciation.  I was totally digging it all and would have been hard-pressed to pick my favorite activity until...


Just the other day at school, Mae, my daycare mom, introduced us all to a soccer ball.  A SOCCER BALL!!!  My heart nearly leapt right out of my chest an was pounding so hard.  I'd been waiting four long years for someone to give me a soccer ball.  It was like seeing a long lost friend.  With my very first kick the memories came flooding back.  Offence, defense, narrowing the angles, and focus, focus, focus on that goal!  It felt fabulous and I can hardly wait to play again.  I tried to keep the other kids in line but it quickly became obvious that these were a bunch of weekend warriors at best and not the series athlete like me.  That's okay, sometimes you're the audience and sometimes you're the star, it's all good either way.  Mom says they might excel at a sport I'm no good at so it all evens out in the end.


So, any ideas of just who I might of once been?  I sure wish Ancestory.com went further back, back to past lives.  When I listen closely I can still hear the roar of the crowd. Maybe you can too!


Loves & Licks

Stella

No comments: