Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Feeling a little bit guilty

Lets talk about weather...  We are currently on our next to the last day of the first month of 2019 and so it is still officially winter.  What's it like outside your window?  Sometimes I pay attention when the news is on tv, and sometimes I'm far too busy planning my next attack against the household cats.  The last few days though I've been really listening closely because for some folks, its colder and nastier than anything I've ever experienced.



 I live in the beautiful Pacific Northwest but I have cousin dogs in Canada and just outside Chicago.
Have you seen the type of weather they are
currently experiencing.  Down right frightful!  I hear those pups have to wear special booties on their paws in order to go outside or they could get frostbite on their toes.

Biting is not allowed in our family and truth be told, it's not a nice thing to do so I think we can all agree, no one's got time for that1




Early yesterday morning when we headed to the river to walk, our world was covered with magic dust or as my mom calls it, fog.  It was so thick and wonderful that you could hardly tell what was ahead or behind you which made walking in it a delightful adventure.  We've certainly walked in fog before but yesterdays should have won a prize for the best ever.



There was also a thin layer of frost on the sand which makes it all  kinda sparkly and you could feel a crunch under each foot step.  That's a feeling and sound I really enjoy.  We haven't seen a single snowflake this winter but I've been promised a river walk if any ever begin falling from our skies.


By afternoon the temperature was up to 55 degrees, the sky was a most glorious shade of blue and the sun was out, shining brightly.  It felt heavenly!  Maybe you also noticed that it's staying light longer into the evening and getting less dark in the early morning hours too.  You realize the importance of this, right?  More hours to walk, explore and play.  Major whoop!


Which brings us back to my feeling a bit guilty.  As I wear my cute little red jacket, I hope other dogs in colder places have coats to keep them warm.



When I return to my nice cozy home I hope that all the other dogs get to come inside too and find warmth and love surrounding them.  As I snarf down my breakfast and lunch I hope that all animals, everywhere have plenty of food to fill their bellies and a soft spot to lay their heads.  By the way, I wish those very same things for all of you!

Loves & Licks,
Stella




No comments: