Sunday, March 3, 2019

Tri-fecta ~ a run of three wins or grand events...



Yup,  I'd say today is a grand, grand, grand trifecta kinda day!  After a stretch of pretty lousy, rainy, sometimes snowy couple of weeks, today is BEAUTIFUL!  Because of how pretty it was this morning, and maybe because she was feeling a tad bit bad about cutting our walks short in the snow, Mom surprised me with not just one but three walks!


I love to explore and sniff my way along the river, but I also adore the lake in the middle of our town, and the track at the middle school is a grand place to throw the ball and chase it.  Today we hit all three spots and I had such a wonderful time.  I didn't even mind having to be on the leash at the lake because I can go leashfree at the other two spots and run to my hearts content.

The sun was shinning the entire time with no cranky clouds trying their best to cover it up.  Everyone we me along the way, those with two legs, four legs and even those with wings all seemed to have smiles on their faces.  The sun is very powerful indeed and has the ability to make folks happy.  It sure made me happy!  I even spied, with my two little eyes, a couple of flowers popping their heads up to see if the snow was indeed really gone.

Have you ever seen a dog wearing a yellow bandana before,
and if so, did you know what it meant?  I never had before so I learned something new.  It's kind of hard to do the right thing if you've never had it 'xplained to you so now, you know too.  Just remember that like a traffic light, yellow means "caution" and be extra careful.



Today I'd like to talk about balls.  I have to admit, I'm smitten with them, perhaps even a teeny bit obsessed.  I LOVE to play fetch and I haven't yet met a person who can play as long as me.  The hoomuns throwing the balls always wear out before me.


 My favorite outdoor ball is my glow-in-the-dark Chuck-it ball.  Its a blast to play in the dark and mom just shines a flashlight on it for a second or two to charge it up ~ no batteries required.  Just imagine watching this glowing ball flying through the dark and then getting to run and scoop it up in my mouth.  I swear it even tastes better when it's all lit up.

The Chuck-it ball is great for outdoors but it's gotten me in a little bit of trouble indoors. Knocking stuff over always seems to  result in the ball being put up high, too high for me to reach and that's no fun.  Finally I found the perfect solution.  The pet store had these cool guys in lots of colors and they can be thrown indoors without hurting anything or anybody. 

They feel great to chew on too and we all know how important that feature is.  If you have a pup that likes to play catch or soccer inside the house, this is the ball for them and you can tell them I highly recommend it.  It even just bounced right off Ozzy, my feline brother, and didn't seem to bother him in the least.  Almost magical, huh?


Well, it looks like Mom is getting ready to take a nap and as gifted of a ball player as I am, I also just happen to excel in nap-taking too!
Here's to a lovely, sunny, fun filled day and a peaceful, well deserved afternoon nap.

Loves & Licks,
Stella

No comments: