Tuesday, March 19, 2019

It's a Beautiful Day For a Birthday

Today is my birthday, the second one I've ever had.  Unlike hoomuns though, I'm not like a two year old tot.  No, dogs age much differently from hoomuns.  If you take a look at this cool age chart you'll see that I am now a Young Adult, similar to when you were about twenty-three.


 If I weren't a dog, I might have graduated from college by now, moved into a home of my own, found a job and maybe even started a family.  Let me tell you, being a dog is so much better!  I get to run out by the river early almost every morning, I get plenty of fresh water and delicious food that I don't have to ever go to work to buy, I never have to pay a bill and... I get to live with  my mom forever!

Birthday Sunrise

Lot's of cool stuff has happened since I was born.  I've made a ton of friends, some I've met and others I haven't yet.


I have hiked up trails, kayaked on the water, swam in the water with my safety vest on, eaten a gardenful of carrots, ran the track at the middle school and played with all my friends at camp.  I love holding paws with my mom, getting my footpads massaged with shea butter and chasing balls.  Yup, anything that includes running after a ball is a real winner with me and I've learned to play soccer and am a fairly accomplished goalie.




I could tell my mom was stirring up something special because, well basically ANYTHING with peanutbutter in it is special to me.  I had no idea what she was making though so imagine my joy at discovering it was a birthday pupcake for me!  Yup, that's right.  It's a combination of applesauce, oatmeal and peanutbutter all mixed up and baked into a delicious little bundle of complete yumminess, just for me.  She frosted it with peanutbutter, added a few treats on top and then placed a carrot stick in the middle.  Oh my goodness...  birthdays sure do taste good.

Later today Mom is taking me shopping for something called a present.   She explained that folks like to celebrate birthdays by giving someone something meaningful, so I'd like to use my new "young adult" boldness by asking each of you for a present too.  In celebration of turning two, I'm asking that each of you do two, not one but two nice things for someone else today.  It can be as easy as looking a stranger in the eye and wishing them a terrific day, or calling someone you haven't connected with for awhile and letting them know you miss them.



As wonderful as my pupcake is, knowing I was able to help spread some goodness around today would be even better.  Ans so, believing that you'll do your part, get started now and lets all make this a most wonderful March 19th EVER!!!

Loves & Licks,
Stella



No comments: