Saturday, July 28, 2018

Maybe I need to be a little bit more naughty?

I'm a good girl, a really, really good girl, at least the majority of the time,  but I think that just might be the problem.  Here's how I discovered that being good doesn't always pay off.


Dr. Anthony Colandreo
Yesterday I had my yearly check-up with my favorite vet, Dr. Anthony.   After giving me some great snuggles he told me how strong and muscular I've grown since our last visit.  He complimented me on my shining coat and my clean ears and teeth.  My tail was waggin' wildly from all the praise he was piling on me and then it all suddenly came to a horrendous halt. Dr. Anthony said said I might need to take off a little weight.  Excuse me?  I thought from what you were just  saying,  that I was downright perfect and now you're telling me I'm fat?  Ok, ok, you didn't say fat exactly but you did suggest I drop a pound to a pound and a half of weight.  After discussing my one little imperfection with Mom, he said that it wasn't an exercise problem so it must be a food issue.  And after a few more questions it was determined that I was obviously getting too many treats.  How can that possibly be?  I can't even imagine a world where there are too many treats, can you?


Starting today my life has changed completely...  my breakfast bowl was a little less full than usual, a fact I noticed right off.  Then I saw Mom was cutting all my treats in half!  How on earth am I supposed to live under these conditions?  I'm being slowly, systematically starved to death I tell you.  I can only conclude that if I'd been naughty a little more often, not only would I have had some great stories to tell but I also wouldn't be learning the hard cold facts of being put on a diet.  Life isn't always fair and now I can attest to that.

I hope to be able to survive this great tragedy and learn to once again find joy in my life.  In the meantime, feel free to send cookies, if you can sneak them past the food Nazi, aka Mom.

Loves &  Licks,
Stella
PS ~ Mom says I'm being overly "dramatic" ~ is that just another word for fat?


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Stella.......it's a fight for all us girls. I think you look marvelous and are a special pup!