Thursday, November 15, 2018

Love is in the air!

I'm so excited, I'm giggling on the inside and just about ready to burst.  Can you keep a secret?

 I HAVE A BOYFRIEND!!!!!  Yup, I do and he's so big and strong and fast and handsome.  We met  during our morning walks and found we have so much in common... he likes to chase waves, and so do I.  He likes to run in big circles on the beach, and so do I.  He likes to occasionally pretend not to hear his dad giving commands and so do I...  and he really loves to pee on stuff and so do I!  How much more perfectly matched could we possible be?



So... his name is Raven and he's a black lab, the same age as me.  He's the product of "in vitro fertilization" which I have no idea what is but Mom assures me it makes him extra special.  Heck, I already knew that.  She says she'll explain it in finer detail when I'm older.  We are still in the getting to know each other better stage but so far, I think he's pretty darn perfect and a whole lotta fun too which is at the very tippy top of my list.



Besides romance, there's been a lot going on down by the river.  When we arrived to find this gigantic creature sitting near where we park, I wasn't sure whether to be scared or just curious. Mom said it is called a cat but it sure isn't like the ones that live at our house.  I approached it with some trepidation but it didn't even try to make a move.  No snarling, no purring, not a thing.  Maybe it was asleep so I  decided to just let it be and made my way down to the water.



Speaking of the water... just look at the huge river creature that's decided to make its home there.  I'd never seen anything quite like it and I needed to know more.  Unfortunately Mom didn't have a clue, but thankfully Raven's dad did.  He said the creature was a sand pumper that moves the sand from the bottom of the river, over to the island in order to keep the center of the river deep enough to allow those big ships to pass by.  That's really important because those big ships make big waves and I love to chase those big waves down the beach.  Thank you Mr. Sandpumper, you are a good, good friend indeed.

I also just might possibly be a real life hero now.  I try to always stay alert during our adventures, keeping an eye out for sharks and such.  Imagine my shock when I found myself face to face with a humongous cobra that was hanging out on the beach.  It was poised to strike at any minute so I barked like my life depended on it, because basically it did, and my ferocious warning froze him in his tracks.  He allowed us to pass right by him without any further confrontation, safe and sound and able to enjoy yet another day.  I guess I can add snake charmer to my resume, right behind life saving hero.

Loves & Licks,
Stella

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Once again, Stella, your life adventures & usage of vocabulary never fail to amaze me!!!