Saturday, November 24, 2018

Thanksgiving is delicious!

Ohhhhhh yea, I'm remembering this day now.  This is the day when wonderful smells fill my house and then when I go outside, the air smells delicious there too - it's Thanksgiving!  Oh, I have great memories of this day last year and I had no idea that I'd get to experience it all over AGAIN!  What a lucky pup am I.

So I believe there was a rule to this game.  Something like you have to share three things you are grateful for before you can take your first bite of food.  I don't want to take any chances so I'm going to name four instead, just to be safe.  I like that it makes you stop and really think for a minute or two of all the amazing things in your life.  Finding four was easy-peasy so I'm fairly certain you can decide on three without much effort.  So let's get this show on the road because my mouth is watering and there's food that needs eating.  Here's mine~

1.) I am thankful for folks who leave bits and pieces of their food on the ground down by the river or around the trail.  I'm always so far ahead of Mom that she never even knows that I've been finding little munchies along the way.  If by some accident or fluke of nature she does spot the food first, she uses this silly "leave it" command and I'm not even allowed to get as much as a sniff of it. Just for the record, I am not thankful for that particular command.

2.) I am especially appreciative of homemade treats, especially the oven-dried sweet potato slices, they are my absolute favorite.  No, no that's not quite true.  The peanut butter & coconut oil paw candies are the best of the best, yup the very bestest.  But then there's the bacon grease carrot cookies that are magnificently delicious.... ohhhhhh, I can't decide.  I am thankful for them all.

3.) Ok, this one is kinda hard to admit out loud so don't go spreading it around town but, I'm thankful for my feline siblings.  That pains me to say because they are so darn annoying but truth be told, I enjoy having them around.  I love chasing them through the house and scaring them while they are napping.  It would get a bit lonely as the only hairy kid in the house so yea, I am... cough... cough... cough... thankful for the cats.

4.) New toys, I am always grateful for new toys to play with.  I just about get one really broken in, just the way I like it when suddenly it disappears.  The strange thing eventually reappears but when it does, all of their tears and cuts have healed up and they are almost like new again.  It's kinda like a miracle, don't you think?

So, my list is complete even though I could easily add many more.  In fact, there is one more that simply must be included.

5.)  I am immensely thankful for each of you that chooses to spend a few minutes with me by reading what I have to say.  You are all awesome and I appreciate your friendship.



And now I'd like to wish you all a most delicious feast followed by one of the best food induced coma-like naps ever.

Love & Licks,
Stella

No comments: