Saturday, June 9, 2018

Please allow me to introduce myself

So, I’m guessing that although many of you already know me, because I’ve been blessed with a ton of amazing friends, there may be a few who are brand new acquaintances, which I’m very excited about too.

Back in March of 2017,  I was one of twelve little black pups born to a mom that was a wiener dog~black lab mix and a dad that was a Chihuahua.  Odd combination for sure but thankfully we all turned our pretty darn adorable or at least 

that was the consensus from everyone we met. Due to unfortunate circumstances, our mom was unable to care for us and so my brothers and sister and I were immediately rescued by the Humane Society of Cowlitz County. The very next morning my mom was called to see if she’d be willing to foster a few of us. She’d never done anything like that before but she agreed to come check us out. She started by bottle feeding each one of us and then rubbing our tummies and bottoms to get our digestive tracks working. I was the last pup she nursed and unlike my siblings who were just grateful to fill their tummies with sweet milk, I was a feisty one. I wanted the bottle to be held not too high, not too low but just right. It took twice as long to feed me... but that meant I got held twice as long too.  None of the others had figured out that little trick yet.  Anyhoo, Mom finally agreed to foster me, my only sister and a brother and off we went to Casa de la Risa to begin our new adventures. 


Love & Licks ~ Stella


No comments: