Sunday, June 10, 2018

The Chronicles of Stella~ Whew, I am so happy to be home safe and all in one piece!  I had one heck of a morning.  Picture this...

Mom and I are out walking our regular path trail, just like every morning, when I stop to poke my nose into some of the tall weeds along the paths edge.  I decide to pee just a little, so all my friends will know I've been by when suddenly I realize I have literally piddled off a bunch of snakes and they are NOT happy about it  Mom said it must have been a "nest" of them but I don't think so, it was on the ground, not up in a tree.  Geesh Mom...



Anyhoo, I take off running for my life.  I've seen snakes swallow entire antelopes on tv and as little as I am, it would only take a gulp or two to devour me completely.  Mom tried to explain to me that these aren't the same kind of snakes, that they were harmless and probably just napping in the rays of the early morning sun, just as I like to do too, and that they were most likely scarred of me.  You know, when I was a wee little pup I used to believe everything she said but as I'm growing older and wiser, I find myself thinking "really Mom, are you really sure of that?"  Thankfully I"m a really fast runner and I left those snakes in my dust.

Love & Licks ~ Stella



PS ~ I'm not allowed to watch Wild, Wild Kingdom anymore.

No comments: