Wednesday, June 27, 2018

WARNING-WARNING there was a turf war on the trail this morning!  Shades of Westside Story I swear... and yes, I have seen the movie, have you?





The ducks were out in force, squawking and raising their wings in protest about something.  I was certain a rumble was about to begin.  I know it's their trail and I'm just a visitor passing by so I never ever chase or bark or even snarl but today I was tempted.  They weren't going to let us move by at first.  I was mentally reviewing the dance moves I'd seen on tv for fear that would be our only saving grace and I was hoping Mom was ready to perform too.

Instead, Mom decided we just needed to leave them be and cut our walk short a bit and headed back to the car.  Usually I might protest that but it was raining pretty hard and I was already sufficiently soaked and... I didn't really wanted to be subjected to any bloodshed.  I hope they are able to work out their differences and tomorrow the trail will once again be peaceful.  So... do you think ducks pack switchblades?
Love & Licks,
Stella

No comments: